We’re equal parts fond and supportive of our sponsored athletes here at Modere. Recently tennis player Damian Farinola returned to Australia after a four year tennis scholarship in the USA. Damian took the time to reflect on his time overseas and let us know what’s ahead.
‘I graduated from the University of Louisiana in March 2015. During my 5 years (2010-2015) I completed a double major in Accounting and Management. Whilst being enrolled in university I was limited to only a few professional tennis events. Despite this, I was able to achieve a world ranking of 1049 in Men’s Doubles competition. Now, my attention will turn from collegiate level of play to professional events.
‘Since graduating, I have competed professionally in the United States, Mexico, Egypt and Australia. I have gained experience playing against players ranked inside the top 300 in the world with some having played in the Australian Open.
‘My highlights, at both the college and professional level, over the last four years are:
- Selected on the All-Louisiana team
- Selected multiple times on the All-Sunbelt Conference team
- Student-Athlete of the year nominee
- Beating multiple nationally ranked opponents
- Achieving a world ranking of 1049 whilst a student
- Winner 2014 team event in Sunbelt Conference championship
- 2014 NCAA team tournament participant
- Tennis team nationally ranked every year
- Tennis team coming first in the Academic award for highest GPA in the conference and first among all sports at the university.
- ATP world doubles ranking 1049
- Twice doubles finalist in Istanbul, Turkey
- Doubles semi-finalist in Istanbul, Turkey and Manzanillo, Mexico
- Qualified for 6 professional $10,000 future singles events (2x Turkey, 2x Egypt, 1 x U.S, 1 x Mexico)
- Defeated numerous world ranked players in both singles and doubles play
‘I am currently in Queensland competing in Cairns. In the coming weeks I will compete individually in Toowoomba, Brisbane and Wollongong. I will then return home to play club tennis for an Adelaide team in the Men’s Asia-Pacific tennis league.
Using the Modere products I find gives me a significant advantage over my competition. Tennis is a sport with no time limit and multiple matches played each week and sometimes daily. It is important to stay physically and mentally on top of your game. I feel the products I use help me to do just that. I have been injury free and pride myself on my ability to outlast my opponents and recover quickly. I will keep you updated on all my results regularly. Thank you for your continued support.’