Welcome to 31 Days of Eating Mediterranean, our new blog series! We’ll be sharing, over the next month, recipes from our Mediterranean No Grain, Standard and Vegan Food Guides that we have developed and that will be released soon.
Super Seeds Chocolate Smoothie
• 1/4 cup chia seeds
• 4 cups plain, vanilla, or chocolate almond milk
• 1 large banana
• 1/4 cup LSA (Ground Linseeds, sunflower seeds and almonds)
• 1/4 cup (4 scoops) unflavoured or vanilla pea protein
• 2 Tbs. unsweetened cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
• 2 tsp. vanilla extract
• 1 Tbs. cacao nibs, optional
• 1 Tbs. coconut sugar, optional
1. Grind chia seeds to fine powder in coffee grinder or spice mill.
2. Transfer to blender, and add almond milk, banana, hemp seeds, protein powder, cocoa powder, and vanilla, and blend until creamy.
3. Add cacao nibs and sugar, if desired, and process to desired consistency.
Try as a Smoothie Bowl and use bananas, fruits, chia seeds and cacao nibs to garnish.
Recipe from Malissa Corrie