Welcome to 31 Days of Eating Mediterranean, our new blog series! We’ll be sharing, over the next month, recipes from our Mediterranean No Grain, Standard and Vegan Food Guides that we have developed and that will be released soon.
APPLE AND CINNAMON WAFFLES
¾ cup almond flour
¼ cup flax seed meal (Organic Golden Flax from Bob’s Red Mill is good)
1 tsp. Natvia
30g Vanilla Protein Powder
½ tbsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. baking powder
2 large eggs, room temperature
½ cup finely chopped or grated apple
¾ cup almond milk
¼ cup melted butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Preheat a waffle iron to medium and grease if necessary.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, flax seed meal, sweetener, pea protein powder, baking powder and cinnamon.
3. Stir in eggs, apple, almond milk, butter and vanilla extract and stir until well combined.
4. Spoon a few tablespoons of batter into each section of the waffle iron and close lid. Cook 4 to 6 minutes, or until golden brown on both sides (the amount of batter and time of cooking will depend on your waffle iron).
5. Remove waffles and repeat with remaining batter.
6. Serve with diced strawberries
Recipe from Malissa Corrie